DITA LETTERE Optical Frame
ABOUT THE LETTERE
With the expressive grace of an artist’s brush, LETTERE echoes the prominence of the circle in Korean calligraphy using the latest advances from DITA’s optical design practice.
The gentle curves and slightly elliptical shape of LETTERE’s acetate frame resemble Hangul, the alphabet that’s been used to write the Korean language since the 15th century. Hangul is unique among the calligraphic traditions of East Asia for its incorporation of the circle, a character representing the sun’s central place in the heavens. Linguists have praised Hangul’s design for simply and elegantly representing the sounds of the spoken language — a harmony of form and function that inspired LETTERE’s minimal features.
Exclusive to the Pacific Modern Collection, celebrating the unique legacy of Asian design and culture.
- SPECIALLY CRAFTED TO BETTER FIT OUR ASIAN CLIENTS.
- TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE NOSE BRIDGE; DISTANCE TO EARS; WIDTH OF THE FACE; AND ENHANCING THE SURFACE OF THE NOSE PADS TO CREATE A BETTER FITTING PRODUCT.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ACETATE FRONT FRAME AND TEMPLES
- DITA’S UNIQUE HEX SCREW HINGES
- 100% UVA AND UVB LENS WITH ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING
- MADE IN JAPAN